“Maybe girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.”
-Sex and the City
For those of you who live by this quote and can’t get enough of your ride-or-die girlfriends, we’re willing to bet that you’ll be spending this Valentine’s Day with your gals instead of those pesky guys in your life. And while a nice, romantic evening out with a date can be a lovely way to spend the big V-Day, a Galentine’s Day takes away all the pressure! Not to mention the fact that you get to pig out and wear sweatpants…we’re just sayin’.
The Key Ingredients for Hosting a Perfect Galentine’s Day
MOVIES, MOVIES, MOVIES
- A Galentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without watching AT LEAST one rom-com or female-centered movie. Here we compiled a list of some of our favorite Valentine’s Day movies, or, go a little more girl-power and pick from the list below!
- Legally Blonde
- The Bachelorette (the movie, NOT the show!)
- Eat, Pray, Love
- Under the Tuscan Sun
- Miss Congeniality
- Practical Magic
- A League of Their Own
- The First Wives Club
- Home Again
- Girls Trip
- How to Be Single
- Bridget Jones’ Diary
- Sex and the City (both movies)
- Mamma Mia
- Bring It On
- Mean Girls
- Who doesn’t love pizza?! Making your own pizza is SO fun, but what’s even more fun than that? PERSONAL PIZZAS. That way, everyone gets what they want and can have a little fun with it. Either pick up some Naan bread to use for the base, or follow a recipe like this (heart shaped pizzas!), this, or this. Just make sure to have a wide variety of toppings, and everyone will be happy!
- Playing a game can be a great addition to your night! Lately we love What Do You Meme, but we also found this Romantic Comedy Drinking Game that we’re dying to try!
- Having sweets on Valentine’s Day is an absolute MUST. Below we’ve included some of our latest Pinterest finds that we plan on making for the big day…
COCKTAILS BECAUSE DUH
- Gals and cocktails go together like peanut butter and jelly, so having a fun, signature cocktail for the evening will totally help set the mood! Here are a few fun and girly ideas to serve…
- Alternatively, you could also have everyone bring a bottle of their favorite wine and have a mini wine tasting! Anything goes with Galentine’s Day! 😉
We would love to hear your plans for Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day below!!